At Willinger, Willinger & Bucci, P.C., we understand that divorce is not a decision reached easily. That is why our skilled Connecticut divorce attorneys strive to represent our clients with the utmost respect and courtesy during the difficult experience of a divorce.
Do I need a Connecticut divorce lawyer?
Handling a divorce on your own can be very challenging, if not impossible. There are many legal nuances, filing requirements, negotiation strategies, and statutes with which you need to become familiar. Add to this your heightened emotional state and choosing to forego the services of a CT divorce lawyer can prove costly, both financially and mentally.
It may be difficult, but it is best to admit that you need assistance and retain the services of a Connecticut divorce attorney. An experienced attorney can guide you through the applicable legal proceedings, handle complicated and emotional negotiations, and allow you to focus on moving on with your life without additional burdens.
To approach divorce or separation amicably, observe the following suggestions:
- List your assets and their values. These should include real estate, bank accounts, vehicles, investments, and retirement accounts.
- List your debts, including balances and monthly payments.
- List monthly expenses now and what you anticipate them to be following your separation or divorce.
- Think about what you need to gain from property division, debt settlement, spousal support, and parenting planning.
- Remain open minded, creative and flexible.
CT divorce mediation
The experienced attorneys of Willinger, Willinger & Bucci, P.C. are also experienced CT divorce mediators. For many, the decision to choose divorce mediation over a traditional court proceeding is wise. Mediation saves money and sidesteps the confrontational nature of traditional divorce.
Divorce mediation means different things to different people, but it generally involves the spouses sitting down with a neutral mediator and working through the issues that must be resolved so the divorce can proceed.
The key to successful divorce mediation is to find the right mediator for you. When meeting with a potential mediator, ask some basic questions:
- How long has this person practiced divorce mediation?
- What is his or her experience?
- How much will mediation services cost?
A good mediator can answer these questions. He or she will have been a CT divorce mediator long enough to have developed considerable expertise and should be recognized as fair and understanding.
Willinger, Willinger & Bucci, P.C. is a full-service law firm representing individual and business clients throughout Fairfield and New Haven counties and across Connecticut. Contact the CT divorce attorneys for assistance with your case.